A rattan sofa can become the centerpiece of your living room. It is not necessary to have a completely matched set of furniture in your living room to make it look good. Having one piece that is different, yet fits the color scheme, allows you to have a room that is more your style and tastes that those of whoever put together the sets in the furniture store. Find the sofa the fits in with your colors. Decide on the material you want and go from there.
You may be surprised at how much you like the new sofa and decide to use more wicker furniture in the room, or in other rooms. Many people are finding that wicker goes well in almost any situation or atmosphere. It is no longer relegated to the screened in patio. Because it can be painted, wicker is showing up in every room of the house. It may be a small piece you do not notice until you look right at it, or it could be the big piece that everyone sees first thing.
There are many different colors and designs when it comes to rattan wicker furniture. You can use it in a formal room, or in a room that is casual. Find the right color and design of the wood pieces and then get the cushions in a pattern that fits in with the rest of the room. You may even just have rattan accents on different pieces to bring the room all together.
Whether your random collection happens to be of seagrass furniture, or wicker chairs, I can help you find a setting where it will fit in perfectly. Do you have a need for rattan sofas? How about buying a house with a larger living room and slightly less kitchen space – after all, you can put those sofas in the cabinets! If you have a need to collect wicker, there are several places where you can showcase your collections. Outside is a great place to showcase weather resistant wicker furniture, especially if you happen to have a very large patio area or porch. If outside is not an option for you, then look into buying a house with a large foyer or living room area if most of your furniture is show quality.
You can fit several articles of furniture in a large foyer or large living room, but a better option might be to purchase several smaller chairs rather than one or two large sofas. If you happen to be a fan of dining room tables, make sure that any house you purchase has plenty of room in the dining room for a large table and a set of many chairs.
But if you aren’t a picky person, you might not need to look for anything special in a house, because any furniture that you cannot fit in the foyer, living room, patio, or dining room can be easily put in any other room of your house.
Every house appears stunning only because of the interior which needs to be planned in a very proper manner. It’s around 5 years now I got a house in Manchester which was kept locked for the past few years as I being an artist I keep revolving from place to place for my exhibitions. I hardly took any pain to décor the interior of my place but then suddenly a day came when I had to fly back to Manchester. That was the time when I realized that my whole house must be messed up till now when my wife suggested me to get the interior of the house done in a very finished manner which may be very much useful for us in some or the other manner.
But one thing was clear in my mind that I wanted to design my house in a very luxurious manner that too in a very nominal price. The first thing which I did was drew the interiors illustration in my mind and started choosing the accessories, rugs, blinds, furniture in the shades which I desired to have in my house. No doubt the picture which I framed perfectly matched with the house which I had seen in my dreams.
Do you want to know about how I planned the whole interior of my place?
- Firstly I chose for a neutral theme for my hall room that stood unique from the colors which most of the people go for. My hall room consisted of furniture, accessories and other interior materials in the basic and royal colors white and black. To match the flooring of my room with the theme I purchased contemporary rugs in black and white shade. You know what the contemporary rug which I bought really made the room appears amazing. If you also want to make your house appear like the modern or contemporary ones then contemporary area rugs are the finest one to go for. And if you want to make your living room get historic or ancient look then you can use various types of area rugs like traditional rugs, oriental rugs or Persian rugs.
- Perfect one for your house. The only thing which was left was to give a trendy appeal to the living room for which I brought some artificial trees and large scented candles which made the living room look fashionable and serene.
- Then came the bedrooms of my house which appeared supreme among all the rooms. My and my wife’s bedroom was designed in purple which had the overall interior set designed in purple with purple curtains, bed cover in purple shade, trendy purple area rug which gave an awesome touch the whole interior of the room.
- I have a small girl who wanted her bedroom done as per the one she saw in fairy tales. So, I made her interior done as per her wish which had cute bunk beds with stairs shaded in baby pink color. Most of the accessories and interior scenery of her room was designed in pink as it was the color she adored the most. One of the best things about her room was the window Blinds which were designed in bamboo window blinds. You know what bamboo window blinds are made in a very stylish manner which spread harmony and joy throughout her room. You can also design your kids place with bamboo window blinds to keep the room calm and peaceful. Even you know that kids like to be cheerful hence I dressed my girl’s floor with floral area rugs which were truly designed in a very minute manner with prints over it.
- To make my wife happy I thought of making the kitchen area slightly bigger than the ones which you have in your place. If you really want to impress your wife make her cooking area appear stylish which may lighten up her mood. This was the trick which I used and it worked so thought of suggesting it to you too. Blue was the color which my wife wanted to see her kitchen in so I went with her desire and designed the window blinds, kitchen trolleys and other accessories in blue which made my kitchen appear one among the cleanest and sophisticated ones.
- Bathroom is the place which needs to be kept clean and lush hence I opted for the posh black color which was the color which I adored the most. I kept the bathroom fully designed in black with metal black vanity bases. My bathroom vanity bases was designed in a very singular manner by giving it a attached cabinet and skin which made my work easy while cleaning the bathroom at the same time gave a different look to the whole interior of the bathroom. Even you can select bathroom vanity bases for your bathroom which may give out a modish appeal. Vanity bases are produced in various patterns like marble vanity bases, white bathroom vanity bases from which you also can select the one which goes with the structure of your bathroom.
- I wanted the stairs which lead to my hall room look the one we see in movies hence I brought runner rugs designed in black which had detailed texture over it in white that made the rug match with the black and white theme of my room. Last but not the least I bought some artificial trees and grass to décor my lawn which truly made the whole look of my house as the one which I had pictured in my mind. Today I have settled in the same house in Manchester which truly makes mine and my family’s day wonderful.
Even you must be having a desire to style your place as per the one which you see on screen or the one which you see in your dreams but dint have the budget in your hand to fulfill it. In this case the only suggestion I would give you is nothing is impossible in this world if you really want to style your house as the one you aspire buy rugs, blinds, furniture’s and other interior accessories through some of the shops which may offer you all the above mentioned things in a very minimal price that may surely fit into your pocket.
Matt Walker has panache for writing and his articles have a striking touch in them. He is currently the editor-in-chief at rugsandblinds.com and has been a passionate blogger on home décor for several years now. He has published several articles on area rugs, traditional rugs and many more..